There are a few things that are more important than your kitchen knife set. Whether you are a home cook or a gourmet chef, owning a top rated knife set can make a wealth of difference in your cooking. It isn’t hard to find a good set of kitchen knives but what separates good from great? I often rely on kitchen knife reviews to tell me that.
Every time I look for a new knife set, I always for a few key points. These are the handling of the knife, the weight of the knife and the finally, the materials used to make the knife.
- Handling – A knife must have a comfortable grip for easy handling and should not be cumbersome or awkward.
- Weight – A knife should have the right weight for the best performance. With the latest alloys being used one can get hold of a lighter knife which can give you the same characteristics and performance as the heavier models.
- Material – A blade is made of a variety of materials like stainless steel, alloys, and ceramic. Each can have its pros and cons. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
Below are some of the best kitchen knife sets that one could buy.
Messermeister San Moritz Elite
- This set comes with a wooden block along with a super efficient and functional nine piece set. This set includes a 3.5” paring knife, 9” bread knife, 6” utility knife, 7” Kullenschliff Santoku, 10” steel, kitchen scissors along with a 16 slot wooden block to store additional knives in the future. This set will cover the entire range of kitchen activities.
- A greater blade depth can be noticed in the chef and the santoku blades. This set comes with lifetime sharpening and limited lifetime warranty – you only have to pay for the shipping.
- The entire set weighs about 9 pounds and is German made.
Victorinox 8-piece Knife Block Set
- From the makers of the Swiss army knife comes an attractive eight-piece knife set. The set comes with a 4” parer, 10” slicing knife, kitchen shears, 8” chef’s knife, 8” bread knife and a 6” Boning knife along with a nine slot beechwood block.
- The 8” Fibrox chef’s knife is known for its outstanding performance in the consumer marketing testing. Each blade comes with a high carbon stainless steel for high levels of resistance. These knives are lightweight but sturdy and robust with a good balance.
- The handles are molded for comfort and reduce wrist tension and also comes with a finger guard to provide safety where the handle and the blade meet.
- The block comes with slots for all knives, the steel, and shears and also has an additional two slots for extra blades. This set comes with a limited lifetime warranty.